Imagine it's the hottest day of the year, and the AC suddenly quits. It's a scenario that happens too often here in East Windsor, NJ. However, residents here can rest assured that they have an expert AC service company standing by ready to help 24/7 when the AC goes on the fritz. Put our number in your contact list and remember to call when the air conditioner is acting up.
Our company handles air conditioning installation for every sized home. Call for a consultation today!
What's Wrong With Your Air Conditioner?
Sometimes, it's difficult to pinpoint the reason your AC is acting up, and the longer you ignore problems, the higher the chance the system will fail. Here are the top things that go wrong with air conditioners and when you need to call a pro for help.
- Dirty Filters: Dust, pet dander, mold, pollen, and other airborne pollutants clog up AC filters making the system work harder, which wastes energy and shortens its lifespan. Check the filter every month and replace it if necessary.
- Low Refrigerant: The refrigerant is responsible for the cold air coming out of the system and into your home. If your air conditioner isn't keeping you as cold as it used to, a refrigerant leak may be to blame.
- Thermostat Trouble: Sometimes, thermostats sit in wrong locations, such as on a sunny wall that gets warm or next to a drafty door. This makes it difficult for the unit to accurately measure the temperature in the house, which can cause your AC to run too much, thus wasting energy. If the thermostat doesn't work at all, it could be a wring or battery issue.
- Leaking or Dirty Ducts: While the air filter traps most of the contaminants in the system, some eventually accumulate in the ducts, which lowers your AC's efficiency. Also, leaking ducts causes the system to work harder, which wastes energy.
How to Maintain an Air Conditioner?
An air conditioner is an expensive investment, which is why you must maintain the unit to keep it running efficiently and ensure it's ready to go when you need it most. Here are ways to keep your system in good shape all year long.
- Change the Filter: Change the air filter once a month to keep the air in your home clean and to ensure the system runs well.
- Clean the Coils: AC coils are a vital component that helps the refrigerant absorb heat to keep your home cool. Over time, coils get dirty, which reduces their effectiveness at absorbing heat.
- Check the Fins: Every AC has both a condenser and evaporator, both of which have metal fins. With use, these fines become bent, which restricts airflow. Consider purchasing a fin comb to fix the problem.
- Check the Condensate Drain: Condensation that builds up in the system drains out through this drain. However, sometimes the drain clogs, which impedes the draining of the condensate. Check the drain for clogs and clean it if necessary.
- Call an AC Service Company: Most pros offer air conditioner maintenance service to keep your system running optimally.
Keep Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling in mind when you need help with your air conditioner!
If your AC isn't cooling as it should, maybe our evaporator coil services are the answer! Call us today!
Our Air Conditioner Repairs
There are a variety of things that can go wrong with your air conditioner, and sometimes, it's difficult to pinpoint where the problem is. Below are the most common reasons people call us for AC repair services.
- No cold air.
- The AC cycles on and off quickly.
- The AC runs continuously and won't shut off.
- You have inconsistent temperature throughout the house.
- The air coming out smells moldy.
- You have weak airflow.
- The air isn't as cold as it used to be.
- You hear odd sounds like grinding or squealing.
If your AC exhibits any of the above issues, call the pros at Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling.