Imagine the inconvenience of a heater breakdown during the dead of winter. Not only is it uncomfortable, but it can also be dangerous to some family members. At Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling, our experts are standing by to fix your heater problems or to provide you with that much-needed heating replacement you’ve been putting off. Call us at 609-371-4822 to schedule an appointment!
Our filter replacements keep your heater running efficiently and extend its lifespan.
Symptoms of a Failing Heater
You depend on your heater to keep your family comfortable all winter long, so the last thing you want is for it to give out when you need it most. Most heaters give warning signs telling you it’s time to repair or replace it, and here’s what to watch for.
- Age: If your heater is over 15 years old, it’s time to consider replacing it with a more reliable and efficient model.
- Increase in Energy Bills: Sometimes, a rise in your heating bill is because of a failing heater. As parts wear out, and the system becomes less efficient, it causes energy bills to go up.
- Frequency of Repairs: If you’re repairing your heater more frequently, add up the cost of those repairs and ask if it’s worth it to keep pouring money into an aging system or to spring for new heater installation.
- Strange Noises: Do you hear rattling, popping, squealing, or grinding sounds coming from the heater? If so, it could signify the unit is coming to the end of its life.
- You’re Never Comfortable: Are some of your rooms too hot or too cold? Do you constantly fiddle with the thermostat to get comfortable? If so, it could be that the heater can’t distribute heat evenly anymore.
If you notice any of the above symptoms or anything else unusual going on with your heater, call Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling to schedule an appointment.
Benefits of a High-Efficiency Heater
Rising energy bills and concern over the environment are driving more people into reducing their carbon footprint and becoming more energy efficient at home. The U.S Department of Energy said back in May 2013 that all furnaces must convert at least 80 percent of their fuel into heat. However, many older heaters operate at only 65 percent, which means that they’re wasting 35 percent of the fuel.
Today, most high-efficiency furnaces operate at 90 to 95 percent efficiency, which saves money on your heating bills, and aids the environment. Also, high-efficiency furnaces may last longer because most utilize more economical on-off cycling, which puts less stress on the system.
Lastly, new, high-efficiency heaters provide the latest technologies such as sound-absorbing materials and advances in materials to provide more consistent heat throughout the house with practically no noise.
To find out how your home can benefit from upgrading to a high-efficiency heater, call Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling for a consultation.
If your home isn’t as warm as it should be, our heat pump services may be the fix you need.
What Size Heater Do You Need?
Getting the right-size heater for your home is critical not only to your family’s comfort but also for your energy bills. A heater that’s too small works harder to maintain heat, which means higher energy bills and a heater that breaks down more quickly. A heater that’s too big might short-cycle, which wears down the system. The best way to pick the right heater for your home is to call a professional heating contractor. The pro measures your home, and your family’s needs to get you the perfect system. Call to schedule an appointment and let us match you with the right heater.