You may not realize it, but your air conditioner “speaks” to you to let you know when things aren’t right. When you notice something unusual, or if the system isn’t performing the way it should, it’s best to call for help before the trouble gets worse. At Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling, our experts have the education and experience to fix nearly every model of air conditioner out there. The next time your AC acts up, call us to schedule evaporator coil repair in East Windsor.
An AC refrigerant leak puts your family in danger. Call us if you see moisture around your air conditioner!
Why Dirty Evaporator Coils Harm Your AC System?
A dirty evaporator coil spells trouble for your air conditioning system, which is why you must call a pro for AC evaporator coil cleaning regularly. Below are the most common problems caused by a dirty evaporator coil.
- Inadequate Cooling: When dirt builds up on the evaporator coils, the AC can’t do its job correctly, and you get air that isn’t as cold as you want.
- AC Continuously Runs: The thermostat tells your AC when it’s time to turn on, but dirty evaporator coils sometimes cause the AC to run continuously. An AC that runs too much wears out more quickly.
- Frozen Coil: Dirt restricts the amount of heat the coil absorbs, which causes condensation to form, which eventually turns to ice. When coils freeze, it leads to system breakdown and expensive repairs.
Call Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling for expert AC coil cleaning and to ensure your system remains healthy for its entire lifespan.
How to Know You Need a New Evaporator Coil Installation?
The evaporator coil absorbs heat from your house so your air conditioner can deliver cold air to keep you and your family comfortable. However, like any machine part, the evaporator coil is prone to damage and wear. Here are signs to watch for telling you that it’s time to replace your evaporator coil.
- You get warm air blowing out of the vents.
- You hear odd sounds such as banging or squealing.
- You notice fluid leaking around the indoor unit.
- The air conditioner either runs all the time or won’t come on.
Call us if you notice any of the above problems and let us help you decide if you need a repair or if a replacement coil is warranted.
No matter what’s wrong with your AC, we’re the local expert for air conditioner repairs. Call for an appointment today!
Repairing vs. Replacing an Evaporator Coil
Most of us prefer to repair our air conditioners rather than replace them because of the expense. However, there are times when replacement is the better option. Depending on the age and the extent of the problem, here are some reasons to replace the faulty part:
- If the coil is no longer under the manufacturer’s warranty, it may be more economical to replace the part.
- If the cost of repairing your evaporator coil is ⅓ to ½ the price of a replacement, get a new one.
- If your unit is over seven years old, replace it.
If you’re still unsure in which direction to go, call one of our experts and let them assess your system to help you make a decision.