Imagine waking up or coming home to a freezing house because the heater gave out. Now imagine that happening over the holidays or during the weekend when you’re unlikely to find a heating service company that can help. Fortunately for our residents, Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling has technicians ready to go 24/7 when you need emergency heater repair.
When it’s time to replace your furnace, check out our furnace installation services and let us help you choose the right model for your home.
Why Heating Maintenance Is Important?
With the heating season right around the corner, your heater will work throughout the day and night to keep you and your family warm. To prepare for cold weather, and to ensure your heater is ready to go when you need it, you must get a heater tune-up, and perform maintenance during winter to keep the heater running efficiently.
Most of the issues affecting your heater are things you may not notice until the damage is significant. Regular maintenance provides you the opportunity to keep your heater in tip-top shape, and to catch and fix small problems before they become large ones down the road. Routine maintenance reduces the chance of serious issues that are expensive to repair cropping up in your system too.
Call us now to schedule a heating tune-up in the East Windsor, NJ, area.
How to Maintain Your Heater
You may not know it, but your heating system is the most significant energy expense in the home and accounts for about 45 percent of the average American household energy bill. These are good reasons to make sure your heater is in the best shape possible and is running efficiently. Instead of waiting until a problem arises, get into the habit of maintaining your heater to ensure proper function throughout its life. Here are a few tips to keep your heater in tip-top shape.
- Clean or replace the filter: When the filter becomes dirty, it impedes airflow through the heater, which causes it to work harder, leading to a reduced lifespan. Clean the filter every 30 to 90 days, depending on how dirty your air is.
- Ensure proper blower motor function: The blower motor drives the fan that moves air through the furnace’s heat exchanger, and it’s where the filter is. With a lot of moving parts, you must keep the blower motor running smoothly to avoid problems like noise and electrical issues.
- Reduce your heating load: Sealing leaks in your home reduces the heating load and ensures the heater doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your family comfortable. This leads to reduced energy bills and a reduction in wear and tear on your heater.
- Keep vents free from obstruction: Air must circulate through the house for your heating system to work, which is why you must check that all vents are clear.
- Schedule regular maintenance: Once a year, preferably in the fall, call a heating repair company and ask for their heater maintenance service.
We also offer emergency services for your cooling needs! Whether it's the middle of the night or the weekend, we got you covered.
Furnace Repair in East Windsor
If your furnace is making strange noises such as grinding or squealing, or if it’s not keeping you as warm as it used to, our experienced team of professionals is standing by ready to help, and we even offer 24/7 emergency service. We’re trained to repair all makes and models of heaters and won’t ever try to upsell you on a service or product you don’t need. Keep Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling in mind the next time your furnace is giving you fits.