Every winter, some East Windsor residents wake up to freezing homes because their furnace gave out in the middle of the night. Fortunately, Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling is a furnace replacement company you can count on day or night to assist when you have heating issues. Our team is available 24/7 for repairs, and we offer custom solutions, so you never get the wrong system for your needs. Remember our number and call!
Our heat pump services can make your home comfortable all year long. Call us today to find out how!
How to Know You Need a New Furnace Installation?
No one likes the thought of putting in a new furnace, but like any machine, your furnace has a finite lifespan. With regular maintenance, the average furnace lasts anywhere from 15-20 years, and after that, it’s time to think about replacement. However, there are telltale signs that your furnace is dying, and here’s what to watch for:
- Rising Utility Bills: It’s common for a furnace to lose efficiency as it ages, especially if you never maintained it. As it loses efficiency, it must work harder to provide the same amount of heat, which means you pay more every month to heat your home.
- More Frequent Repairs: If you’re repairing your furnace every year, it’s wise to put that repair money towards a new, more reliable system.
- Lack of Comfort: Do you notice some rooms are warmer than others? Do you constantly fiddle with the thermostat to get the temperature, right? If so, your furnace may have lost the ability to distribute heat evenly throughout the house.
- Yellow Flame: A yellow instead of a blue flame is a sign that the furnace is damaged and creating poisonous carbon.
- Odd Noises: When the furnace squeals, rattles, or pops, it could be a variety of issues that range from minor to significant.
Contact Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling if you notice any of the above signs or any other oddities with your furnace.
Types of Furnaces
If you need a new furnace, there are a few options to consider, each of which has advantages and disadvantages. Here are the most common furnaces on the market today.
- Single Stage: The single-stage furnace has one stage of operation — it’s either on or off.
- Two-Stage: The two-stage furnace operates at both half and full speed, which is a more efficient way to heat the home and makes people more comfortable by moving air at a slower pace.
- Variable Stage or Modulating: The variable stage furnace modulates speed and heat based on the outside temperature and the desired comfort level. The variable stage furnace is the most efficient you can buy right now because it only works as much as you need it.
To find out what’s the best furnace for your East Windsor, NJ, home, contact the experts at Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling today.
For more consistent heating and better comfort, check out our radiant heating service to find out if you can benefit.
How to Maintain Your Furnace?
Although your furnace has a finite lifespan, you can extend it out to its maximum and reduce the chance of failure if you perform routine maintenance on it. Follow these tips to keep your furnace running right.
- Change the filters every 30-90 days.
- Clean the blower motor.
- Clean the ducts and check for leaks.
- Make sure all vents are free from obstruction.
- Call a furnace service company for annual tune-ups and maintenance.