No one likes the thought of a heater going out in the dead of winter, but it happens. And when it happens to you, you need a furnace service company with the experience to fix any problem quickly to return comfort to your family. Remember the name Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling and call us in the East Windsor area when you need heating help.
We offer the following heating and furnace solutions in your area:
- Heater Repair
- Heater Installation
- Furnace Repair
- Furnace Installation
- Heat Pump Services
- Radiant Heating
- Boiler Services
- Filter Replacement
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Smart Home Thermostats
- Commercial HVAC
If you’re not comfortable in your home, our heat pump services may be the answer.
When to Call a Heating Contractor?
We understand that not everyone likes the thought of calling a heating professional when their heater acts up. However, it’s wise to call the minute you notice something wrong before a little problem becomes a major one later. Our technicians offer comprehensive heating and furnace repair and maintenance, so we know how valuable it is to you to find and fix problems early. Call us if you notice:
- Strange noises like squealing, rattling or grinding.
- A flame that burns yellow or flickers if you have a furnace that burns fuel.
- Your system doesn’t produce enough heat.
Our technicians have the training to provide the best service in the area, and best of all, we quote all of our repairs upfront, so you know what it costs before work begins. Call us today to schedule a service!
How Long Does a Furnace Last?
Your furnace is a machine, and like any machine, it has a finite lifespan. Since a new furnace installation can be expensive and inconvenient, it’s wise to extend the life of your furnace as long as possible. One question many people have is, “how long will my furnace last?”. That question is difficult to answer because many factors affect the lifespan of a heater or furnace. However, the average lifespan of a furnace is 15-20 years, provided you perform regular maintenance. Some factors affecting the furnace’s life are:
- Make and model
- Frequency of maintenance
- Proper installation
- Wear and tear
At Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling, we will inspect your furnace and find ways you can extend its life for a higher value.
When you need radiant heating repair, call us!
Factors Affecting Furnace Efficiency
Heating a home takes a lot of energy and costs a lot of money, which is why your furnace must run as efficiently as possible to keep your energy bill as low as possible. Here are the most common factors affecting furnace efficiency.
- Lack of Maintenance: Not having regular maintenance performed on your heater causes it to become unreliable and break down sooner than it should.
- Not Changing Filters: Dirty filters impede the airflow of your furnace, making it work harder, which shortens its lifespan and causes it to consume more energy.
- High Thermostat: The higher you set your thermostat, the more energy your furnace uses, which means higher energy bills.
- Lack of Insulation: The right amount of insulation means your furnace doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your home warm.
If you want to know how you can improve your furnace’s efficiency, call one of our experts for a consultation!